About Us

  • 1939

    Dwight H. Marvin took over the John Deere line of agricultural equipment from L. Broder, the Colchester dealer at the time.

  • 1949

    The business became incorporated and Loren Marvin assumed management of the business

  • 1950

    A new shop was built with a much larger repair shop and show room

  • 1956

    John Deere created the Industrial Division and D.H Marvin & Son, Inc. became an industrial dealer as well as an agricultural dealer

  • 1963

    D.H. Marvin & Son, Inc. gets in the consumer products business with the model 110

  • 1986

    Loren and Martha Marvin retire and sell the business to their nephew Dennis Marvin

  • Today

    Dennis Marvin and his brother Tim Marvin still operate D.H. Marvin & Son, Inc. along with their very capable staff of sales, service and parts professionals